Golden Plum Personal Chef Services
|Posted on August 22, 2020 at 9:25 AM|
Chef Susan Ytterberg Featured in Edible Orlando Instagram Cover Page August 2020
Savory Cheese Cake by Chef Susan Ytterberg
Recipe Credit for original recipe: Instant Pot Miracle, From Gourmet to Everday, 175 Must have Recipes
I am honored to be featured in Edible Orlando Magazine, August 2020 for my rewrite of this recipe for Savory Cheese Cake. If you're looking for a new way to entertain and are tired of the usual Cheese Plates or Cheese Boards then this Savory Cheesecake may be your new, "go-to" appetizer. This showstopper is not only gorgeous, it is easy to make and will wow your guests! It's also neat, and you will not be left with little scraps of cheese rind and blobs of cheese left after serving the usual cheese plate- trust me!
This savory cheesecake is delectable, light, spreadable and downright addictive! Serve with flat bread or dried fruit crackers. Place a slice on each plate and garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme, rosemary or florets from you basil or chive plants outside in your garden!
To get started you will need:
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Wire Rack with Handles
- 7" non-stick Springform pan. All available on Amazon
- Parchment paper for interior bottom of springform pan
2 cups of water- for Instant Pot Pressure Cooker interior bowl
Crust- blend together in food processor until blended:
1 1/2 cups Ritz Crackers
1 cup pecans
6 tbsp melted, salted butter
Savory Cheesecake Filling- mix together with hand mixer:
16 oz softened, room temp cream cheese
8 oz room temp, crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 eggs-add one at a time to mixture until just blended
1 1 /2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp white pepper
1. Set up Instant Pot- pour the 2 cups of water into interior pot bowl
2. Cut a piece of parchment paper into a circle using the base of your springform pan as the tracing guide. Spray again lightly. Next, place a paper towel under base of springform payn and a piece of foil under the paper towel. Wrap foil up and around exterior base of pan. This will protect from water.
3. Combine your crust ingredients in a food processor until fuly crushed and blended. Press crust mixture firmly into bottom and up sides- about 1 1/2 " in the springform pan.
4. Beat together your cheesecake ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour into prepared springform pan. The mixture will come close to the top of the pan.
5. Place springform pan on wire rack and with the handles, slowly lower the rack holding the pan into the Instant Pot.
6. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, ensuring the pressure-release valve in the, "closed" position.
7. Select, "Manual" setting and cook at high pressure for 40 minutes. When cooking is complete, allow a full, natural release to depressurize.
8. When the lid has released naturally, carefully lift wire rack handles and remove savory cheesecake from Instant Pot. Place on counter with it still sitting on rack and the base still wrapped in foil and allow to cool for 1 hour. (Do not release spring on springform pan until day you are ready to serve and it is completely chilled.) Place in fridge, cover top with foil and allow to completely cool overnight.
9. To serve, release from springform pan, and place savory cheesecake on decorative plate and garnish with sprig of herbs or fresh, edible flowers. Place a 1" slice on each guest's appetizer plate with 4 or 5 crackers and serve with a small butter knife.
This recipe is simply irresistable and you will find your most disciplined friends asking for a 2nd slice and digging in the cracker bowl for more crackers. Enjoy!
Photography & Food Styling: Chef Susan Ytterberg
Food Writing: Chef Susan Ytterberg