Golden Plum Personal Chef Services
|Posted on October 26, 2017 at 2:25 PM|
October Gluten Free Awareness Month
Chef Susan Ytterberg- Golden Plum Personal Chef Services, LLC
I was invited to be a guest Chef 2 weeks ago on WESH2 TV News in Orlando, October 2017! It was an honor to appear with the talented team there and a lot of fun! The occasion was to promote awareness about Gluten Free Awareness month and demonstrate making a gorgeous Gluten-Free Apple Pie! This pie is great for the Fall and with Thanksgiving coming, keep this recipe in your back pocket...
Check out the link below to see the episode!
Making a pie with a prepared pie shell is perfectly fine and may inspire you to do this more often since it is easy and fun!
2 Gluten-Free Pie Shells
5 Granny Smith Apples
1/2 Cup Sugar & 1 to 2 Table spoons Cinnamon mixed together
2 Tbsp COLD Butter or Vegan Butter, either is fine- cubed
1. Peel and core apples, ensuring stems and seeds are removed.
2. Cut Apples into thin slices.
3. Using thawed out crust, layer apple slices in tight circular pattern. The height will keep building as you use up all your apples!
4. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture entirely over the entire pie so every nook and cranny is covered. scatter cubed butter over the top.
5. Take second pie crust from tin, roll out a little to smooth. Place on top and crimp edges. If dough is too sticky, refrigerate a little then roll out. Once top crust is on, cut a few vent holes with sharp knife on top of pie and sprinkle a little sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
6. Bake in 375 degree preheated oven for 30 to max 35 minutes.
Once you have put the top crust on the pie and crimped the edges, it's ready to go in the oven. To avoid the apple juice bubbling into your oven, place the pie on a foil lined baking sheet. Don't over cook beyond 35 minutes. Remove from oven when done and allow to thoroughly cool. This can take a few hours at least.
Chef Susan Ytterberg pictured here with WESH News2 anchor! You can click the link for this show at the top of this posting to veiw the episode and you'll see the finished pie displayed on a pottery plate on the table!
Okay, so when you're ready to serve your pie be sure to show it off to your friends and family before you cut it!! It's a beautiful mountain of apple pie deliciousness and you deserve a little admiration! Enjoy : )
Just out of the oven- the baked pie smells ridiculously yummy with the apples and cinnamon permeating the air in your kitchen! The crust is golden and buttery/crispy! Once cooked, place on pretty serving platter and serve. If you like apple pie ala mode, put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, or a dollop of whipped cream!